Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My First Wilderness Experience

When I joined on runescape, which was a few years ago, rs was much simpler, if you died there was no gravestone to save you, you just kept three of the most valuable items in your inventory. Free trading was allowed, and there was no grand exchange, meaning it was possible to merchant. And last, but definitely not least, there was a feared place that they called, “THE WILDERNESS!!!”

Starting off as a level 3 newbie, I found runescape very fascinating. I had never seen a game with so much open area to explore, the very first thing I did was look for a bank. That unfortunately took me hours because the stupid darn map didn’t link up with the stupid darn radar for somewhere. My sense of direction on the game was pretty much poop.

So one day, this lvl 8 newbie, whose name was “-something-Usernamexx” lead me to the wilderness and warned me, “Radialkong, never go in there, it’s dangerous you will lose all your items and you will get killed.”

Out of bravery, and sheer stupidity I decided that I was strong enough and I would survive (statistics say otherwise)… So with a spring in my step I paraded through the wilderness, as an explorer. I saw a lot in my first wildy experience, it really opened up my eyes to runescape…

For a level three newbie, I wander how I got so far into the wilderness without dying!

Me going into the wilderness...
Me at lvl 3 trying to go into the wilderness!

So I lasted until the end of the lvl 40 wilderness, near the deadly spider mount. As I walked there, my eye caught a shiny thing on top of the hill… It was a rare gem, I saw it and I just knew I had to get it, so eyeing the spiders I rushed up the hill with top speed, grabbed the gem and bolted back down… Unfortunately, my feet never touched the level ground around the mountain, before the spiders got to me! They all started attacking 3s and 4s until after about two or three hits, they killed me!

I woke up in Lumbridge, without my gem and with a a few private messages from some girl names Username saying, “I told you so…”

That was the first of many fun moments in the wilderness, I wish I could bring back those fun days… Seems like a good dream.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree i miss old rs so bad (not classic, althought it ok) i miss trade limit & wildy and drop trades. who cares about real word trading, thats was a big part of the game

    ReplyDelete