Thursday, October 8, 2009

Discussion: Merchanting Clans - Should They Be Banned?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site as you can see! A while back I was in a merchanting clan, when I noticed that there were people desperately advertising a certain clan chat, as well as the item to buy and at max price. So I joined the clan, and realized that clan chat was disabled for people that weren't friends of the clan chat owner's.




Okay, so I did my research on the item in question, Gold Bars. Interestingly, this is what I found...




The clan was still advertising it in the grand exchange, even though the item was obviously starting to peak. Now this is my guess of what was happening...

The clan leader and his friends invested in gold bars, and now see the price peaking. So they are now going to dump the stock on the rest of the clan, while getting the clan to buy more gold bars. When the people buy more at max price, they end up buying them off the clan leaders. Therefore, the clan chat owner, and friends get lots of money, while everyone else gets the rear end of the deal.

Now, I'm not saying that all merching clans do this, I'm sure there are trustworthy clans out there. It would be impossible to police whether merching clans were scamming their members, unless you make merching clans totally against jagex rules.

So my question is... Should merching clans be against the rules or not?


View Discussion at Zybez.net Community


Ps. I'm still not allowed on runescape as of yet, due to it not being holidays, thank you guys for reading. And I'll try to keep you posted with more content! Love you!

9 comments:

  1. Nice discussion, I love your blog by the way. Keep it up man, doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm in a merchanting clan. If Jagex deletes it, I'm not going to play rs anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm wasn't 2lum was it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No it wasn't 2lum, but I'm sure there are more than just this one that do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, its really annoying sometimes but what can Jagex do? ban one, they will just make another clan chat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, Meili. What can you do? Plus the fact that not all merching clans are breaking rules. So completely banning them would be an irrational decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ily to. addicted shh

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. I have never merched, but people who do merch would hate to see merching disapearing. I loved the old wilderness and I hated when it disapeared, merchers will feel the same.


    -Cryptmage X

    ReplyDelete